Tuesday 25 May 2010

Arty Farty Moonday

Moo in her Sit Spot in the elder tree.


The view from mine.

Wreck the Journal: cutting, colouring, writing, thinking. I'm beginning to slow down and enjoy this now. I started in a frenzy of freedom then moved to rushing and feeling unsatisfied. Finding an old (double) copy of Anne of Ingleside, falling apart already, meant I could cope with the Stick Pages From A Book instruction without mourning the book too much. Moo entered into this one with enthusiasm commenting on being bad but not being bad. She ended with a display of pages over which she poured water. I chanced to tear out the page where Rilla on seeing her beloved teacher throws her cake into the river thinking that to carry a cake was discraceful. That always resonated with me, the overwhelming regret. Now what gets me is the memory of who I was when I first read the Anne books and who I thought I was and would be.
Moo covering sheets and sheets of white A4 (favoured after watching about Andy Warhole illustrated with his work in that format) with mostly abstract circular patterns and the odd sudden picture of a face or bird.
Reading a structured drawing course for adults or children. Don't want to confine Moo but think she might be inspired.

This view from my sit spot makes me agree with Tom that some more height to the left would be a better structure. I should be sitting under a flower covered arch.

No comments: